Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Breakfast Burritos


We had these on day 11 of the Pantry Challenge. They were awesome. Here is how I made them!

I had 9 eggs, onion, mini peppers, 9 strips of bacon, about 1/2 a cup of black beans and wheat and white tortillas. I sauteed the veggies then scrambled in the eggs while the bacon cooked on a rack in the oven.



I chopped up 5 strips of the bacon (saved the other 4 for pizza) and added that to the eggs as well as a last minute addition of some chives. Then I warmed the tortillas so they would roll better, lay one out with a slice of american cheese in the center. I measured 1/3 cup of the egg mix and plopped it in the middle.



Roll it up and put on a pan. When you have them all done, I got 8, put them in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese and get the tortillas slightly crisp. Then eat them. Just not all of them. It will be hard to resist, they are that good. So easy and could be really cheap if you use it as an opportunity to clean out your fridge like I did.

1 comment: