Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Day We Waited For


I want to tell you something big about this awesome kid right here. He was born on December 9th, 2007. And, I wan't there. I didn't even know he and his dad existed yet. But, when I went off to college I met his daddy and we fell in love and next thing I knew this precious little man was being brought to meet me late one snowy night. I saw him and I fell in love with him too. Instinctively I knew he was mine and he looked at me with those big blue eyes like he had known me always... He made me a mom at 19 before I did it myself. I am so glad he did.

Me and little man after one of his naps in Montana. He is 19 months.

Today, I adopted him. He's really truly my child now! It had been a long process with our amazing lawyer, but now it is finished and I can be totally relieved that my son will be with me no matter what. Stepparent adoptions are, I think, often underrated. It's still adoption! There are still court dates, documents and waiting. It's stressful, but on the day it's final it is a huge cause for celebration!


Someday, we will explain it all to him but right now he is five and all he knows is that today was an outing and he has a mommy and daddy that love him to death. That's all he needs. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment