Friday, June 5, 2015

Rain Soaked


We got rain for nearly four days this week. At the risk of sounding ungrateful it might have been a bit too much rain. The temperatures were in the 40's to 60's range and it was just a bit miserable. While the entire state badly needed this rain because of our extremely high fire danger, my garden did not. Sadly some of my cucumber plants have perished from damping off (rotted through the stems at ground level) and some of the tomato plant leaves ended up looking like this...


The tomatoes will be fine and outgrow the damage. I'll admit though that when I saw it yesterday I was having a little bit of a tizzy. These plants really need to provide us with a good harvest this year and if I had lost them I would have been heartbroken.

On another note, in the greenhouse I have my very first broccoli heads!

Ok, so they are super tiny right now, but they are there!

Here are pictures of the rest of the garden today:


Peas in bloom.

Second planting of some cauliflower and broccoli where the lettuce was.

Savoy cabbage and some spare butter lettuce.

Herb bed.

Large bed in greenhouse.

Pepper and onion tub.

Amish Paste tomato blossom almost open!


Field fence as a trellis for the cucumbers.

Potatoes are up.

Beans are working their way up!

Leaf lettuce working on it's true leaves.

Now that everything is so well watered, all we need is some good sun and heat, something that we have not had in nearly a week. I personally am loving the temperature but my heat loving plants have not put on any new growth since last week. Not ideal.

I think I will skip a week of updating so there will be more of a change next time. Everything seems so bare in the barn garden pictures!


This post was shared on Green Thumb Thursday Bloghop.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking good! I'm glad the rain didn't damage your tomatoes too badly! Hopefully they'll bounce right back.

    Thanks for linking up with Green Thumb Thursday. I hope to see you back this week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete