Thursday, January 23, 2014

Life Lately

I admit, I haven't been writing as much lately. This is not because I am giving up, but because it's January and winter makes me sluggish! I promise when spring gets here I will be bursting with new things to say. I will do a massive update on the house this weekend because we now are on a roll with walls and the roof trusses being delivered today. We should be setting them in place next week when we have the proper equipment.

So, what have I been doing with all this time not blogging? Being mom. Cleaning stuff, casually homeschooling, cooking, avoiding cooking, sporadically doing laundry and napping just 'cause I can. I will also admit to not spending much time in the barn and it shows. It's cold! Like -15 wind chill cold. So I make one trip a day and do the minimum. When it starts warming again I will do some extra cleaning and the like. But, right now I am feeling like being in my house minding my own most of the time yet also start working on meaningful relationships with fellow mom's and christian woman, something my heart has been calling for. Introvert I am, this is a profound stepping stone and I am so glad I am.

Earlier this month my best friend who lives in Arizona surprised me with a visit. I was so happy to see her I cried! It was wonderful having her all to myself for a few days and we got to see another friend of ours one evening. It almost felt like high school again!

We started our homeschool co-op again for second semester and we were there about 20 minutes before Mini Me smashed into a concrete floor and busted a tooth. So our first day back was short and spend mostly at the pediatric dentist! She is fine, no nerves were exposed so we will have it filed later to help with sharp edges and she will lose it when it's time. My little accident prone girl...

So that's all for now, more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment