Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Chickens' New Digs


Yay! The chickies have a new house! Montana Man built this out door enclosure on Sunday and the inside nesting area yesterday. I love it.




We did recently lose one of the girls to my brother's dog. She wasn't mangled though so after some enraged tears I decided to do the homesteady thing and butcher her for eating. We have not cooked her yet and I am a bit hesitant wondering if the fact she was killed in fear (meaning there was A LOT of stress hormone) and she had internal bleeding will make the meat taste bad. No way to know until we try though!


Happy chicken in a shelf!


The chickens LOVE their new house and were enjoying the sunshine and dirt bathing. Last night I went out to see if they were roosting inside and much to my surprise all of them were on the top shelf box. 11 birds. It was a sight!


No comments:

Post a Comment